Show Ring Times [Archive] - Trot.org Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Show Ring Times

janders
01-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Does anyone subscribe to this? I'm kind of tempted. They are running a special right now
$25/year. It's less expensive than some of the other mags, but I'm not 100% sure it's worth it. (you can tell I hate spending money!)

albert
01-09-2008, 12:50 PM
good mag and staff members are really nice

JustStylish
01-09-2008, 04:35 PM
it's a great mag! RT is really talented ... There are plenty of candids throughout the stories, so you not only get to read about the shows, but also see them ... I can't wait to see how this magazine expands and grows this year :]

stpatrick
01-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Love it! It is worth the $$$

sparkle
01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Does anyone have subscription info/contacts for this? I am dropping SHR and it sounds like this might be a suitable replacement. (I did a search but came up with nothing)

Thanks!! :)

canter
01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.showringtimes.com/index.php

I've heard a lot of good things about it.

sparkle
01-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Thank you, canter. Now why do you suppose my search couldn't come up with that?? :confused: Probably the operator :o

I'll check it out- for $25, it may be worth a try!!

TaWanda
01-11-2008, 06:57 AM
I worked with RT on getting him to cover a couple of shows last year...He is great to work with and I agree with the previous statement....the multiple candids are awesome from each show. That's my favorite part of the mag!
It's worth EVERY penny...

SonnySpice
04-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Are you all receiving your issues in a timely fashion?

I have been receiving my issues approximately two weeks after the date on the magazine. I seem to be an issue behind the one that is posted on the website.

That is kinda frustrating....

roadpony
04-11-2008, 09:14 AM
That's typical postal delivery time for magazines.

SaddlebredMom
04-11-2008, 12:45 PM
FYI -- the discount subscription rate is no longer being offered :sad: (the original posts were from January 2008)

WishMeLuckJSH
04-11-2008, 05:49 PM
FYI -- the discount subscription rate is no longer being offered :sad: (the original posts were from January 2008)

Actually, the discounted subscription rate IS being offered! :thumbup:

Until April 15, a 1 year subscription is $30. Great Deal! And the magazine is going weekly now!

Did you know you can purchase the candids taken at shows via the website? It's a really cool thing - tons of cute pics up already!!

:thumbup:

lshiely
04-11-2008, 05:53 PM
I met RT at Louisville, he is one of the few people I met that would stay up as long as I do! Anyway he is a great guy and I am very tempted to buy this magazine. How can you beat $30!

mskyar
04-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I have been out of the business for at least 25 years, subscribed again to SHR about 15 years ago and the mail part was so sporadic and the paper arrived in poor shape that I didn't renew, (and I know the mail part is not their fault).....I did take up SRT offer of $25 for the year and the 'mags' have been arriving mostly in good order, did get one about 3 weeks past publication date, but the next day received the next issue, and I like they come in a manilla envelope, so there is no damage to them. I love all the candids :wub: I am on the west coast so I don't expect to receive an issue any sooner than at least a week after publication. Anyway the biggest problem with any publication is the mail service, I do think the manilla envelope helps SRT arrive in a more timely fashion. (Also you know that everyone at the post office hasn't been thumbing through the pages, ugh :drool:)

Prowler
04-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Im happy to read how much everyone loves the magazine! I work with the Show Ring Times, as the New England Rep.

Just got home for a fantastic Oklahoma horse show, and look forward to covering more shows in the future. Next stop, UPHA Chapter 14.

Feel free to email me if you want more info on the magazine!

ericafaulkner25@yahoo.com

Erica

SaddlebredMom
04-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Actually, the discounted subscription rate IS being offered! :thumbup:

Until April 15, a 1 year subscription is $30. Great Deal! And the magazine is going weekly now!
:thumbup:

I went and checked out the website, but didn't see that. Did you call them to get that rate? :confused1:

WishMeLuckJSH
04-14-2008, 11:38 AM
I went and checked out the website, but didn't see that. Did you call them to get that rate?

It's in the latest edition of the magazine.

PROWLER - I'm working for RT too! I have the KVHA shows here in WV and then on to River Ridge! I would love to meet you at Bonnie Blue, but I'll be in Vegas for work :thumbup1:

Prowler
04-15-2008, 12:02 PM
It's in the latest edition of the magazine.

PROWLER - I'm working for RT too! I have the KVHA shows here in WV and then on to River Ridge! I would love to meet you at Bonnie Blue, but I'll be in Vegas for work :thumbup1:

Aw, well hopefully we can meet up at louisville. Do you think you will be going?

midnight CappOcino
04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I am working for Rt :euro: too!. I am the Midwest Rep.. I am glad everyone loves the magazine. There are going to be a lot more good things to come this year. Watch for a great 2008!
:wub:

gotatrotter
04-21-2008, 05:42 PM
. . . and I am covering Missouri for SRT. Just back from MHSA Kick Off and planning to get the candids uploaded soon. Well, obviously RT has good taste in reps since so many of us are trotters! :cool:

ASB_EQ_Gal
04-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm not a rep but I'm going to cover a show for SRT next month in Colorado. I contacted RT when I asked if he would like a write up and he said he'd be glad to have it. He seemed very nice. I haven't heard back from him yet with all the nitty gritty details though.

Prowler
04-22-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm not a rep but I'm going to cover a show for SRT next month in Colorado. I contacted RT when I asked if he would like a write up and he said he'd be glad to have it. He seemed very nice. I haven't heard back from him yet with all the nitty gritty details though.

Happy to have you aboard to help.
He is pretty good at getting back to people quickly. I do know he just got back JD. Massey, and I spoke with him yesturday and we were wrapping up this upcoming issue. Im sure you will hear back soon!!!!

Ill be at UPHA Chapter 14 this week, and Bonnie Blue in two weeks!

ASB_EQ_Gal
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
I heard back from RT and he sent me the rep rules.
After reading them I have my work cut out for me but I am VERY excited.

Question for those of you who are reps. I am showing in equitaion, country pleasure, and show pleasure. Now those are three big divisions that you would want to get pictures of the winners and what if I win. Do you have somebody else take the picture and give them credit in in the caption?

lshiely
04-23-2008, 11:53 PM

That is so great! I thought about contacting him about covering Colorado shows but I don't have enough time off of work (or family) to cover every session. Thank you for covering the show next month, is it the UPHA Almost Summer show? I am would love to meet you and cheer for you in your classes!

Leslie

ASB_EQ_Gal
04-24-2008, 10:02 AM
The show is in Colorado Springs next month, it's the Pike Peak Horse Show May 23 - 26. It's like it's 3rd or 4th year, a pretty new show. I'll be my first time for the show. Let me know if you go to that. I'd love to meet you to.

But we'll also be at Almost Summer in June. If everything goes well at Pikes Peak I hope that RT will want me to cover Almost Summer too.

Calvarystables@yahoo.com
04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I'll join in and say - Hi, I am the North Carolina & South Carolina Rep with SRTimes. :blink: I also cover other shows as needed, for example, I covered Pin Oak in Texas. It is great being able to get to know other Saddlebred people in the industry as well as connect with friends. :thumbup:

If anyone has any questions feel free to email me as well at calvarystables@yahoo.com

The new feature of being able to purchase candids from the shows is great for customers.

ASB_EQ_GAL - feel free to email me any questions you may have. It is best if you can get someone to take photos for you while you are showing and a class or two before you show. This way, you have time to get ready, ride and then get back up to the ring for more photos. :) Again, feel free to email for any questions you may have.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at Louisville.
Wendy

lshiely
04-28-2008, 11:38 PM
The show is in Colorado Springs next month, it's the Pike Peak Horse Show May 23 - 26. It's like it's 3rd or 4th year, a pretty new show. I'll be my first time for the show. Let me know if you go to that. I'd love to meet you to.

But we'll also be at Almost Summer in June. If everything goes well at Pikes Peak I hope that RT will want me to cover Almost Summer too.

Great! I don't know about showing, but we will see if we can run down there. My husband already has our first camping trip planned for that weekend, but maybe "the boys" (my son and him) can go and Erin and I can be where we belong, at a horse show!

tj15
04-29-2008, 06:17 AM
i LOVE that magazine!!!!! it is great. you should subscribe.

rovhelle
04-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I really enjoy this mag!

Prowler
04-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I am SO excited for the Oklahoma issue to come out. It was my first out of area assignment, and I met alot of great people.

Just got back from UPHA 14, and have some great photos coming from that show. Make sure and check the website for extra photos, becuase we can not print all the ones we take, so if you showed at a particular show and a photo didnt make the magazine, check online.

Thanks for everyone support!!!
Erica