Reminder: Opinions expressed in the discussion forum do not necessarily reflect those of the owner or moderators.

Go Back   Trot.org Forums > Topics > Gone But Not Forgotten

Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM

Guess it is true..Old Age..Not for Sissies

I sincerely doubted I would ever be posting here again but the passings of 3 very good fiends of mine and the horse industry's, have prompted this contribution...

There has never been and never will be a better friend of us all and a better person than Larry Bacon...He coached me as President of an association that has done more for this sport than any breed association, show association or group of influential individuals, Larry cared deeply for this industry and even more for people involved in it...God Speed Larry..you were the King.

Another individual we have just lost, Walter Patrick. A horse lover extraordinaire, friend to many and also one of the best lawyers in Kentucky. The UPHA, and the ASHA are so much better off because of Walter there is no way to describe his impact. To be sure, none of the crap and B.S. we have experienced over the last 18 months would have ever been allowed to happen if it was up to him.

Lastly, but certainly not least, Pat Seely. Just a tack shop owner from a small town in Ohio, she and her husband built a million dollar tack business without losing sight or touch of the horse people who were their clients and ultimately their friends. A more than fair shake, a kind welcome, all the help she could give you, were things you learned to expect from Valley Tack.

My Father once said to me, "Old age is not for sissies" Losing friends like these makes me see how right he was... I know where these three are going ..I only hope I get to visit them there again someday.

LF Lavery

Last edited by LLavery : 02-26-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLavery View Post
My Father once said to me, "Old age is not for sissies" Losing friends like these makes me see how right he was...
Amen. As if the aches and pains and unfulfilled dreams aren't deterent enough, watching people and horses and shows and memories fade... It's not for sissies.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post
Amen. As if the aches and pains and unfulfilled dreams aren't deterent enough, watching people and horses and shows and memories fade... It's not for sissies.
you are so right as I am living that 'dream'........I think that our Elders are not held in high esteem and maybe some are difficult to get off center in their methods, they still have forgotten more than we will ever know.

"Never lose hope. Hope is a rope that swings you through life!"

unknown author
Old 02-29-2012, 03:42 PM

Ah yes, the old age thing. Ok so I'm still doing what I always did, just slower and a bit more carefully. Oh and I need to have an Advill before I go do what I always did. On the up side my SS now pays my grain bill. ha. It's not for sissies but it beats the alternative...

Also I have to admit I'm now playing with Hackney ponies more than my saddlebreds. They are shorter, easier to brush and their stalls are easier to clean. lol

Last edited by Skyduck : 02-29-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM

How nice of you, Lonnie, to mention Pat Seeley. Even in Pat's poor health, she always gave you that warm, friendly smile and made each and every customer feel like his or her business was truly appreciated. All of us in NE Ohio will certainly miss her professionalism and courtesy. Hopefully her family can carry on the great tradition started by Pat and her late husband, Ron.

Susie
Sponsored Links