Reminder: Opinions expressed in the discussion forum do not necessarily reflect those of the owner or moderators.

Go Back   Trot.org Forums > Topics > Equine Health

Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 AM

Thumbs up Hats off to the Girl Scouts!!

I was a girl scout, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. I thought I just liked them for their cookies- but this is pretty awesome!

Yes, that IS a windmill I am tilting at!

www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net

http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 PM

The Bridlespur MSHA Kick-Off Show will offer a few classes for lite-shod gaited breeds in arena B and it is a member of FOSH. FOSH's people are truly dedicated to doing the right thing for their horses.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB Stars View Post
I was a girl scout, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. I thought I just liked them for their cookies- but this is pretty awesome!
I saw this video a few years ago and have an issue with lumping the "Paso breeds" into the world where soring occurs. I cannot speak for the Paso Fino folks, but soring DOES NOT HAPPEN in the Peruvian breed or in our shows.

We breed for gait. Period. Our shows FORBID shoes in qualifying classes. We don't allow any training aids or devices to be used EVER - no chains, no pads, no stretchies - we don't even allow hoof blacking or polishes.

The gait of the Peruvian Horse is so unique that there is no way to "fix" a Peruvian where the results would not be blatantly and obviously apparent.

I appreciate what the Scouts were trying to do with this video. I just wish they would have gotten their facts straight. (Big sigh).
Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Their facts came from the media.
The media prints from all that is available to them that which will garner the most viewership.

Certain parties make much more available to the media than others. And it shows.

I hope that your Peruvian youth members clubs may create a video promoting your sound horses and distribute it as widely as possible on the net. Including to the Girl Scouts assn.

Information is the only cure to ignorance; if your audience can be persuaded to take the medicine.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM

The funding and info and advising for the girsl scout project came from Lori Northrup, head of FOSH... which is a virulent anti padded group.....

I hope that if and when the padded performance folks sponsor their girlscout group video it will be equally well received and garnered as unbiased and full of absolute truthe.....
Sponsored Links