Reminder: Opinions expressed in the discussion forum do not necessarily reflect those of the owner or moderators.

Go Back   Trot.org Forums > Topics > Horse Shows

Old 03-23-2008, 12:30 AM

Invitational Intercollegiate Saddle Seat Horse Show (KY) - May 3, 2008

The Intercollegiate Saddle Seat Riding Association (ISSRA) will host a horse show open to any full-time college student in good academic standing on Saturday, May 3rd immediately following the Academy Show at the Spring Premier Horse Show at the Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington, Kentucky. The show will give college students from around the country a chance to meet and compete with students from other colleges!

Horses for this horse show are provided by local riding schools including Shadow Run, Sunrise Stables and Morehead State University and are available on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested in showing as an individual or forming a team from your college for this horse show..................you better hurry to enter! There are classes for all levels of riders including riders who have shown at the World Championship Horse Show, regional "A" level shows, county fairs, academy shows, winter touraments, etc.............and for those which whom have never shown at a horse show.

Riders for ISSRA shows draw the name of a horse appropriate to their riding level out of a hat, mount, adjust their stirrups and enter their class with no warm up. Riders must pre-enter this horse show and join the ISSRA in order to show at this show. The entry fee per class is $35 and individual membership in ISSRA is $35. If you form a team at your college the team fee is $80. All individual riders and teams must have a coach approved by the ISSRA. If you do not have a coach, one can be assigned to you prior to the horse show.

For more information, entry forms and membership applications, contact Sally at sallyah23@aol.com or at (859) 519-0949 (cell) or (859) 873-9129.

Last edited by elmo : 03-24-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to Wind_Chill
Just wanted to say I ride with Eastern Kentucky University with Sally at Sunrise Stables- this is a GREAT program to get involved in, we have a blast! Creating a team and joining has been sooooo much fun for us all! We are all REALLY looking forward to showing at the Spring Premier, and we all hope a bunch of individuals and new teams come!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:50 PM

Ah I would love to be on a team! I guess I should have gone to Centre
Old 03-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Fanfare
That sounds SO cool! Maybe next year, I'll have practiced enough to be confident to do such a thing! I really hope I can go watch that.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldenenholz11 View Post
Ah I would love to be on a team! I guess I should have gone to Centre
Laura, you don't need to be on a team!! We are accepting individuals at this show as well as teams. So, if you want to come out for Spring Premier, we'd love to have you! It should be a blast!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanfare View Post
That sounds SO cool! Maybe next year, I'll have practiced enough to be confident to do such a thing! I really hope I can go watch that.
I'm sure you would be fine THIS year! We have several people on our team who will have only had about 14 saddle seat lessons prior to this horse show! Many of them had never even ridden any kind of horse before. There are all sorts of classes- beginner WT for anyone who has not ridden more than 2 years (I believe that is the right number), beginner and intermediate WTC, each for academy riders who have ridden less than a certain number of years (5 maybe for one of the two), as well as novice, advanced and open WTC classes that include a basic equitation pattern class as well as a rail class. Novice is for people who have only shown at county fair type shows, advanced is for riders who have won more than 5 blues at county fair/unrated shows, and open is for riders who have shown at rated shows. If you want the exact class specifications, I can email them to you or post them- but basically there is literally something for all levels!!
You should join us- it would be great!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to KatieEq Send a message via MSN to KatieEq
Laura, definitely come if you can! I've contacted Sally & I am an overseas graduate student who will be in the area that week. I'll have to compete on an independent team since I doubt I can convince my dressage riding friends to trek over to the US. It'll be fun! I'm looking forward to it. I miss riding saddle seat! And showing equitation!!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:22 PM

I haven't even ridden in about seven months....Well, I did plink around on my 27 year old gelding last week, and we both remembered how to WTC. I would probably be okay.

Plus, I'm not in College yet. I'm accepted and going this fall. Next year, though, I may just do that and maybe see if I can "convert" some of the other equestrians. The school I'm going to has Hunt, Dressage, and Western.

Are they going to do that at the Fall Show?

I think I am going to ask to work that evening so I can go watch though.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:09 AM

Ah, ok fanfare- then we will look for you next semester! You may be surprised how many students are willing to 'convert.' On EKU's team, we have a girl who had ridden hunt seat, another girl who had 3 day evented, someone who had done arabians, and a bunch of others who had ridden western or walking horses fo fun or had never even been on a horse- and every single one of them absolutely loves it and loves the breed. My best friend who had done 3 day events always looked at the Saddlebreds as 'crazy.' After just a few lessons, she had grown to love the breed, and now even brags to her dressage friends back home how she is riding saddle seat on a college team!
This semester, there are 2 shows offered for students on teams to compete on, with the Spring Premier show also being open to individuals as well. Next fall, I believe there are plans to have 3-4 horse shows in the semester. Where are you planning to go to college? Several other KY colleges have expressed an interest, but just have not formed teams yet...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:05 AM

I will be going to Midway. Wouldn't that be neat. My freshman year forming and independent team.
Sponsored Links