Reminder: Opinions expressed in the discussion forum do not necessarily reflect those of the owner or moderators.

Go Back   Trot.org Forums > Topics > Horse Shows

Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM

Children's Benefit Horse Show (NJ) - July 23-25, 2009

2009 is bringing many changes to Children's Benefit which is July 23-25. First the location is changing to Dream Park in Gloucester County NJ at a brand new facility near Philadelphia. There is a big indoor ring with safe 10 x 10 permanent matted stalls. A new class schedule, management team and a wonderful exhibitors party are just some what is in store for you at this beautiful new location. More details to come.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM

I had heard this through the grapevine but kinda hoped it wasn't true. The part about the show moving. I'm sure the new place is quite nice but I can't imagine a show grounds prettier than Quentin.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 PM

As pretty as the grounds were the stalls needed a lot of work, many stables did not return because of issues we could not get resolved with the grounds. We made this decision to keep the show alive and hope everyone will stay positive so that we will not lose another show in the east. Remember we lost the ASB's at Penn. National. We need to all work together to keep Children's benefit alive and growing. We will try and post pictures of the show grounds.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:57 AM

IS this show a USEF sanctioned show?? and who are the judges???? very interested in coming to show here.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:50 AM

http://www.gcianj.com/dream-park-fac...s-gcia-nj.html This is a link to some information on the facility.

I don't know if the judge has been hired yet but there is a meeting Monday night where we will get more information. Yes the show is USEF sanctioned.

If you send me your address I will see that you get a prize list when they are ready

patjohnsonmagic@gmail.com
Old 01-24-2009, 04:38 PM

Sent my email to request prize list, my barn has never been to this show, but we are very interested to adding this one in to our show schedule. I love to go to new shows, the facility looks fabuous!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM

The Gloucester County Horse Park is brand new and state of the art. There was much press last year when it opened. I'm looking forward to bringing my horse there this year, especially since it is about 1/2 an hour from my house.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 AM

Mom and the kids want to get to this show this year. Shes already talking about it.

kim ann
Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 AM

On behalf of the UPHA Management Committee we wanted to post an advance invitation to attend this rated horse show by posting the following letter from Gary Guz.

Dear Competitors and Friends,

Welcome to the 20th Annual Children’s Benefit Horse Show! This is an exciting year because the show will be held for the first time in the new facilities at Gloucester County Dream Horse Park. This year’s show is under new management and follows a brand new schedule that is favorable to our competitors. Children’s Benefit is committed to providing you with a well-run show, an excellent judge, and an exhibitor friendly atmosphere.

The 2009 Children’s Benefit Horse Show is pleased to welcome Armon Effinger as judge. Mr. Effinger has been involved with training and judging Saddle Horses for many years. He is a highly sought after judge as a result of his ability and knowledge of these horses.

Thank you to all of the sponsors and advertisers for supporting the Children’s Benefit Horse Show. Children’s Benefit would also like to extend our thanks to all of the competitors, owners, and trainers all over the region who attend this show and help to make it such a success. Additionally, Children’s Benefit would like to thank the volunteers who give their time and do such a wonderful job helping to make this show great.

Children’s Benefit is excited to have everyone work together to make 2009 the most successful and enjoyable Children’s Benefit Horse Show yet!

Yours truly,
Gary Guz
UPHA Chapter 15 Chairman
Children’s Benefit Horse Show Manager

Follow up notices will be posted highlighting other aspects of the show to include:

- A rated Morgan Division
-The Mid Atlantic Summer Saddle Seat Event
-A more detailed look at the new facility
-Great show to accumulate points for Louisville
-Show to include some new promotion concepts

PRIZE LISTS TO BE AVAILABLE BEFORE THE END OF MARCH
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 AM

Here is a link to the prize list etc.

http://www.uphachapter15.citymax.com/cbhs.html
Sponsored Links