Reminder: Opinions expressed in the discussion forum do not necessarily reflect those of the owner or moderators.

Go Back   Trot.org Forums > Retired Topics > Other Breeds > Arabian and NSH - Forum Closed

Old 01-07-2010, 09:12 AM

Arab stud suggestions

Ok everyone was right. The a hole that was an owner of Char before I got her refuses to sign off on her. Now Im looking to arab studs to breed her with. I can breed her with a PB arab and have the foal reg'd to the 1/2 arab reg. Don't kill me but I was thinking about doing this anyway. Does anyone know of a nice stud that crosses well with ASB's? She has enough natural motion, front and back ( I think ). I would like to see some head and ear refinement. I want to show in english pleas. or along those lines. Im not breeding to sell it, I want to raise my next show horse. Any Ideas?
Thanks, Laura
Billie Rose, my 'real' kid!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to Kalin
How is your mare bred?

Off the top of my head, some of my favorite English studs: Heir To Glory, Matoi, *El Ghazi.

I tend to be a sucker for the Varian lines. Not so much what comes out of the Afire lines, but there are some individuals within them that I like.
Hey Hallelujah is one of my favorites, and I think his son The Hurricane has been crossed well with ASB's if I remember correctly.
Apaladin is another favorite.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Hre sire is BI-MI Sultan's wine and her dam is BI-MI Magic Steps. In the breeding/bloodilnes I asked about them and I got a few responses about breeding her, but that was when I was sure I was gonna get her papers. She is my avatar pic. I was looking at some studs from Adandy farm, they seem to have nice studs and theyre running a special that makes It so I can afford to use one of them. I have been in LOVE with Afire Bey since I was a kid so.....
Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 PM

Afire Bey, Baske Afire, Afire's Vision or Mamage would be my top picks....
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 AM

Afire Bey V or I am sure they have straws on El Ghazi!!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I know what lines to look at. I wont be breeding to Afire or El Ghazi. Even If I could afford it $8500 for a stud fee is outrageous! Im Looking at studs by Afire bey. There is a few sons in my price range. Gitar and Noble Afire. Noble seems to be the best one for me, considering that he is here in MI and she could be covered and I could auctually see the stud in person.
Smart Alex taught me how to post a link! Here is Gitar and Noble, What do you think?
http://adandyfarm.com/gitarmf.html

http://forums.arabianbreeders.net/to...tterfly-afire/

I hope it worked!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 PM

Afire Bey V is beautiful and has produced some very nice horses. Just be warned, he doesn't have any hocks and his offspring reflect that. He will definitely give your foal an incredible neck, but make sure your mare has enough hocks for the both of them. Baske Afire is good and look into studs with Polish blood, they usually have balanced action.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:27 PM

If you're serious about Gitar, I got this in my email a few minutes ago:

Adandy Farm is offering a 2010 stimulus! They will waive all stud fees and only charge a $550 booking/handling fee.

http://www2.ahtimes.com/Mailers/adan...adandy110.html

I don't know if that's for saddlebred mares or arabs or both.

I like Gitar but I'm not his hugest fan. Neither am I of Baske Afire but he's warming up to me...slowly.

Spec's Shocwave is one of my new favorites. I love his babies-very athletic and man can they move!

http://www.stachowski.com/stallions/shockwave.html
'If you defeat yourself before you enter the ring, you may as well not even try. You have to enter the ring with your head held high, and the mind set that you and your horse are better than everyone else in the ring. Even if you're not'
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 PM

If I were you, I would be looking at their half Arab offspring to see which cross you like best. If you can find some out of mares somewhat related to your mare, all the better. Of course, it depends on the quality of ASB mares their getting, but I imagine some Arab studs cross with ASB better than others. We bred a few back (and worked with a few more) in the day, with a really wide range of results.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to StilettosAndBoots
While I love Matoi, I think there are other quality stallions with a cheaper stud fee that you may want to consider. HF Mister Chips is one hell of a park horse. He has great motion in his hocks. IDK if this guy is still alive, but AA Apollo Bey is a beautiful grey park stud. To my knowledge, he has had a good offspring record as well. A couple of others to consider may be Ballience V, IXL Noble Express (I think he has a $4,000 stud fee though) and Matrifik.
Sponsored Links